Friday, June 24, 2011

Recommendations for a good guitar/amplifier or tips on buying a guitar.?

I'm looking for a good guitar. I'm a beginner and a girl, and I heard
that for a girl you shouldn't get a guitar with a thick neck, but
don't know whether it's true. =P None of my friends play guitar, so
there's no one to ask. Also, I need to know some good amps. I'm a
total beginner planning to learn on my own, so any tips on the
equipment would be helpful (even stupid things like which picks to
use! Heard that you should use a felt pick to prevent the annoying
sound you get when the pick hits the strings. Is it true?) If you
don't know anything about buying any equipment, some tips on buying a
guitar would be helpful too. =) I'm also thinking of singing, so any
good microphones? I don't have a budget yet, but the cheaper, the
better. If you know the average price for a guitar, microphone, or
amp, that would also be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment