Monday, June 13, 2011

Asian/American Film title?

A few years back there was a film on tv, set in somewhere in Asia,
where an American tutor (or a job of something close) goes over. The
mother learns along with the son and on the American's birthday they
get their cook to bake a cake (she does it incorrectly, making soup or
something). There are a few scenes on a pond/lake with them drinking
tea, I think. Parallel to that story there is a young girl forced into
a marriage with an older man. He has another wife who feels she is too
old to take care of him, but the husband just wants her (the first
wife) because she knows what he likes (the new one is too scared to do
much). The young second wife goes to a festival with a boy. The movie
is set in English. These are all vague details. I don't remember
seeing the end of the film so I'm hoping someone can tell me the title
so I can go buy it. Thanks!!!!
I think it was made in America as it was in English but it was about
Asian culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment